Measles case confirmed in Delaware child
Public health officials say a case of measles has been confirmed in a 6-year-old Clayton girl.
The Division of Public Health says the illness was diagnosed by the child's doctor on Jan. 13 and lab tests confirmed it on Jan. 23. The girl was not hospitalized and she has not suffered any complications.
Officials say the child's school, Caravel Academy, has been notified.
DPH has only confirmed five cases of measles in Delaware since 1995.
delaware, new castle county, healthcheck
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 52 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 56 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 45 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
47 min ago