Measles case confirmed in Delaware child
Public health officials say a case of measles has been confirmed in a 6-year-old Clayton girl.
The Division of Public Health says the illness was diagnosed by the child's doctor on Jan. 13 and lab tests confirmed it on Jan. 23. The girl was not hospitalized and she has not suffered any complications.
Officials say the child's school, Caravel Academy, has been notified.
DPH has only confirmed five cases of measles in Delaware since 1995.
delaware, new castle county, healthcheck
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station