Measles case confirmed in Delaware child
Public health officials say a case of measles has been confirmed in a 6-year-old Clayton girl.
The Division of Public Health says the illness was diagnosed by the child's doctor on Jan. 13 and lab tests confirmed it on Jan. 23. The girl was not hospitalized and she has not suffered any complications.
Officials say the child's school, Caravel Academy, has been notified.
DPH has only confirmed five cases of measles in Delaware since 1995.
delaware, new castle county, healthcheck
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!