Measles case confirmed in Delaware child
Public health officials say a case of measles has been confirmed in a 6-year-old Clayton girl.
The Division of Public Health says the illness was diagnosed by the child's doctor on Jan. 13 and lab tests confirmed it on Jan. 23. The girl was not hospitalized and she has not suffered any complications.
Officials say the child's school, Caravel Academy, has been notified.
DPH has only confirmed five cases of measles in Delaware since 1995.
delaware, new castle county, healthcheck
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman crashes into tractor trailer in Mayfair 4 min ago
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting 13 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 1 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Dozens charged in alleged slip and fall scheme
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos