Chin implants on the rise
April 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's a surprising new trend in plastic surgery.
According to a plastic surgeons' society, chin implants are up more than 70 per cent in the past year.
Both men and women - especially those over 40 years of age - are going for the procedure.
Doctors think it's a sign of America's evolution into a video nation.
"The availability of cell phone and digital lets you see your appearance immediately," said one plastic surgeon. "You wear your resume on your fact today. And how you look speaks volumes about how you're going to be judged."
Chin implants can now be done with local anesthesia, through a very small incision.
And there is a quick recovery time, with most people back at work in three days.
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 40 min ago