Study: Egg yolks as damaging as smoking
TORONTO, CANADA; August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A new study on eggs is really raising a stir.
It says regular consumption of egg yolks speeds up plaque in the arteries as much as smoking.
The study authors say people who ate 2 to 3 egg yolks a week had more plaque in their neck arteries.
But critics say the study didn't account for 2 big factors - how much volunteers exercised, or fats they got from other foods.
Dietitians recommend a limit of one egg a day - and be sure to count eggs in processed food.
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 12 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 19 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
43 min ago