Study: Egg yolks as damaging as smoking
TORONTO, CANADA; August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A new study on eggs is really raising a stir.
It says regular consumption of egg yolks speeds up plaque in the arteries as much as smoking.
The study authors say people who ate 2 to 3 egg yolks a week had more plaque in their neck arteries.
But critics say the study didn't account for 2 big factors - how much volunteers exercised, or fats they got from other foods.
Dietitians recommend a limit of one egg a day - and be sure to count eggs in processed food.
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 27 min ago
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 33 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
25 min ago