Healthcheck: Singing and Driving
If you're one of those people who likes to belt out a song when you're behind the wheel, better be careful when you do it.
Scientists at Australia's Monash University say that singing while driving is mentally demanding, and takes the edge off your driving skills.
In their experiment, singing drivers tended to slow down and were less attentive to hazards than those driving with no music.
They also tended to stay in the same lane, even when they should have moved over.
But there was a surprise - drivers listening to music were the slowest drivers of all.
By the way, the researchers didn't want to be spoilers. Several of them belong to amateur singing groups, and more admit to singing behind the wheel.
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 13 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington 35 min ago
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire 36 min ago
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
13 min ago
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
35 min ago
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire
36 min ago
- Tips for Pet Care Savings
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos