Healthcheck: Singing and Driving
If you're one of those people who likes to belt out a song when you're behind the wheel, better be careful when you do it.
Scientists at Australia's Monash University say that singing while driving is mentally demanding, and takes the edge off your driving skills.
In their experiment, singing drivers tended to slow down and were less attentive to hazards than those driving with no music.
They also tended to stay in the same lane, even when they should have moved over.
But there was a surprise - drivers listening to music were the slowest drivers of all.
By the way, the researchers didn't want to be spoilers. Several of them belong to amateur singing groups, and more admit to singing behind the wheel.
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 11 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes 47 min ago
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
47 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
11 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos