List of diet foods to help with weight loss
September 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you are trying to lose weight or just keep it off, there is a list of certain foods that can make it easier.
Apples and pears keep you feeling fuller longer.
Natural peanut butter also helps. It has a chemical that has been shown to prevent fat cells from forming.
And if you ditch salt for black pepper, it may also help block the growth of new fat cells.
Dietitians also recommend popcorn for a snack and string cheese.
"The reason for this is it doesn't have any carbohydrates. You are not going to get any blood sugar fluctuations. It's easy to transport, so it's a really quick snack that you can have. It's a lean protein which satisfies us," said Kristin Kirkpatrick from the Cleveland Clinic.
Kirkpatrick also recommends foods that take longer to digest. This does not mean heavy, high-fat meals, but more like lentils, lots of vegetables, and other foods high in protein.
diet, food, healthcheck, ali gorman, r.n.
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 27 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 43 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware 10 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands