Will you take the clean eating challenge?
October 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you feel like you may have over-indulged on unhealthy foods during the summer, a local fitness studio is offering a way to jump-start a health-kick.
This is not a 21-day cleanse or detox, but it is a challenge.
It's seven days of clean eating.
We went to Fusion Cross Training to find out how it works and how it can help.
Fusion is known for intense group fitness classes that combine cardio intervals, strength training, and yoga.
But because that is only part of the equation when it comes to getting healthy, nutrition director Juliet Burgh is also running a 7 day Clean Eating Challenge.
"It's all about eating actual real whole foods and to re-commit to healthy eating," Burgh said.
The challenge starts with an optional trip to Whole Foods.
Everyone will get a shopping list, menu plans and recipes, along with emails to stay motivated.
The clean eating plan includes fruits, vegetables, and lean protein.
It's not about calorie-cutting but there will be restrictions.
"We're going dairy free for this, we're going gluten free, we're going sugar free which includes natural sugars, too," Burgh said.
That's things like syrup and agave.
Juliet says this will help people pinpoint if they are sensitive to certain foods which can cause an upset stomach or leave you feeling sluggish.
It's something Alison Grossman of Center City experienced a few years ago.
"I was tired all the time, I just didn't like the way I felt and the way I looked," Grossman said.
But after meeting with Juliet and making changes to her diet, she's become more fit and says she feels completely different.
"I feel like I have more energy, I feel like even my skin looks better, the way I feel in clothes, I just feel better all over," Grossman said.
The challenge also includes a one-on-one meeting with a nutrition counselor to again help pinpoint food sensitivities and plan for the future.
They also have plans for people who are vegetarian or vegan.
The challenge starts on Monday. It costs $47.
For more information and to sign up: http://fusioncrosstraining.blogspot.com/2012/09/fall-clean-eating-challenge.html
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 24 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 16 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 24 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 11 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 22 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 21 min ago
- Sandusky lawyer sued over $25,000 credit card debt 26 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in...
21 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
24 min ago