Will you take the clean eating challenge?
October 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you feel like you may have over-indulged on unhealthy foods during the summer, a local fitness studio is offering a way to jump-start a health-kick.
This is not a 21-day cleanse or detox, but it is a challenge.
It's seven days of clean eating.
We went to Fusion Cross Training to find out how it works and how it can help.
Fusion is known for intense group fitness classes that combine cardio intervals, strength training, and yoga.
But because that is only part of the equation when it comes to getting healthy, nutrition director Juliet Burgh is also running a 7 day Clean Eating Challenge.
"It's all about eating actual real whole foods and to re-commit to healthy eating," Burgh said.
The challenge starts with an optional trip to Whole Foods.
Everyone will get a shopping list, menu plans and recipes, along with emails to stay motivated.
The clean eating plan includes fruits, vegetables, and lean protein.
It's not about calorie-cutting but there will be restrictions.
"We're going dairy free for this, we're going gluten free, we're going sugar free which includes natural sugars, too," Burgh said.
That's things like syrup and agave.
Juliet says this will help people pinpoint if they are sensitive to certain foods which can cause an upset stomach or leave you feeling sluggish.
It's something Alison Grossman of Center City experienced a few years ago.
"I was tired all the time, I just didn't like the way I felt and the way I looked," Grossman said.
But after meeting with Juliet and making changes to her diet, she's become more fit and says she feels completely different.
"I feel like I have more energy, I feel like even my skin looks better, the way I feel in clothes, I just feel better all over," Grossman said.
The challenge also includes a one-on-one meeting with a nutrition counselor to again help pinpoint food sensitivities and plan for the future.
They also have plans for people who are vegetarian or vegan.
The challenge starts on Monday. It costs $47.
For more information and to sign up: http://fusioncrosstraining.blogspot.com/2012/09/fall-clean-eating-challenge.html
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower