Household cleaner bottles get a makeover
October 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- The most popular container for household cleaners is getting a remake from child safety specialists.
Although a national study of household cleaners shows that poisonings are down, those involving spray bottles stayed the same.
Experts at Nationwide Children's Hospital created a two-trigger spray bottle.
Adult hands are big enough to control both triggers, but kids have a hard-time making the bottle work.
Developers believe the technology has the potential to prevent more than 6,000 injuries each year.
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 16 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail 31 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint 25 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
16 min ago