Too much milk hurts preschoolers' iron
CHICAGO, ILL., December 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Kids need milk for strong bones. But too much can deplete a young child's reserve of iron.
doctors in canada found that 2 to 5-year-olds drinking more than 2 cups a day had lower iron levels. Iron is a must for brain and nerve development. Right now, doctors recommend 2 cups a day for young children. however, kids with darker skin or who live in area with less winter sun need more.[Notes:20 kids drinking milk]
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 11 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 28 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 51 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Frost Advisory Overnight
23 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
51 min ago