Too much milk hurts preschoolers' iron
CHICAGO, ILL., December 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Kids need milk for strong bones. But too much can deplete a young child's reserve of iron.
doctors in canada found that 2 to 5-year-olds drinking more than 2 cups a day had lower iron levels. Iron is a must for brain and nerve development. Right now, doctors recommend 2 cups a day for young children. however, kids with darker skin or who live in area with less winter sun need more.[Notes:20 kids drinking milk]
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 29 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 2 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 15 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 13 min ago
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 10 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as...
10 min ago