5 tips for a healthier 2013
PHILADELPHIA, PA.; December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Want 2013 to be your healthiest year ever? Doctors say follow these simple, easy tips. Some of them may even come naturally to you.
First - LAUGH.
Studies show laughing has a dramatically positive effect on our hearts.
Second - Love your pet - According to researchers pets can ward off mental illness and other diseases and help cut down our stress levels.
Third - Move: take the stairs, go out for a morning stroll.. Anything to get you off that couch.
Also - Listen to tunes - researchers at McGill University in Montreal, Canada found that listening to pleasurable music triggered the release of the feel-good chemical dopamine in the brain.
And finally - get some shut eye. - the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute says a good night's sleep can fight off infection, help your memory, and regulate your sugar levels.
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 33 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 52 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 45 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 59 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Building under demolition collapses in Old...
33 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
59 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
31 min ago