5 tips for a healthier 2013
PHILADELPHIA, PA.; December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Want 2013 to be your healthiest year ever? Doctors say follow these simple, easy tips. Some of them may even come naturally to you.
First - LAUGH.
Studies show laughing has a dramatically positive effect on our hearts.
Second - Love your pet - According to researchers pets can ward off mental illness and other diseases and help cut down our stress levels.
Third - Move: take the stairs, go out for a morning stroll.. Anything to get you off that couch.
Also - Listen to tunes - researchers at McGill University in Montreal, Canada found that listening to pleasurable music triggered the release of the feel-good chemical dopamine in the brain.
And finally - get some shut eye. - the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute says a good night's sleep can fight off infection, help your memory, and regulate your sugar levels.
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 17 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 21 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 32 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
21 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off...
32 min ago