Can jeans soften your skin, and fight cellulite?
NEW YORK CITY, N.Y.; January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A new line of jeans is making a BIG promise!
Wrangler is introducing its "denim spa" line - 3 types of jeans the company claims will do everything from soften your skin to ease the appearance of cellulite while you wear them.
The denim is infused with chemicals found in many high-end face creams - like aloe, retinol, olive extract, algae extracts and caffeine.
Fashion experts think "Denim Spa" jeans could be a marketing home run.
But skin experts say they strike out.
Lori Bergamotto, of Lucky magazine says, "We're always looking for a way to save time so if these jeans cut out one step in the process, I think a lot of women are going to wanna try them."
Dr. Doris Day, a dermatologist, says, "Unfortunately, there are no lasting, permanent treatments for cellulite. If there were, I'd be doing it. And I'd have it!"
Wrangler has long had a masculine image, as the choixce of cowboys and football players. Some analysts think the company will use the lines to capture some of the lucrative female market.
Wrangler says the skin-enhancers will wash out, so they urge users not to wash them too often. Wrangler will also offer ways to refresh the chemicals in the fabric.
Lizzie Jagger, the daughter of Rolling Stones star Mick Jagger is the advertising model for the jeans.
But we'll have to wait to see if buyers get any "satisfaction."
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 27 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 42 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ