New cancer study weighs in on screenings
January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A new health study reports that unnecessary cancer screenings can do more harm than help.
In addition, unneeded testing and intervention could create anxiety for patients.
Of the eleven procedures evaluated, only 3 were recommended: Cervical cancer, colon cancer and breast cancer screenings.
Patients should check with their doctor on the cancer screening tests they should get, and the ones to avoid.
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)