Sleep poses give personality clues
EMMAUS, PA.; February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- You you may be able to tell something about a person's personality from how they sleep.
So says one sleep expert.
Professor Chris Idzikowski told Men's Health magazine he believes those who sleep curled up on their side are tough on the outside but shy & sensitive inside.
Idzikowski says he reached his conclusions after analyzing 6 common sleep positions in a survey of 1000 people.
And he says those common sleeping positions also have their own health risks and benefits.
For example, being curled up in the fetal position on your left side can put stress on some vital organs, such as the stomach, lungs, and liver. So if that's your favorite way to sleep, try to do it on the right side.
He says sleeping on your side with your arms out indicates you are open to new things, yet skeptical, too.
And laying straight, with your arms at your sides - what he calls "the Log" - could be good for someone with back pain.
And if you sleep on your back with arms up, you could be reserved, and set high expectations for yourself.
Read more on Idzikowski's analysis at>a href="http://www.menshealth.com/health/sleep-position-master"> Men's Health.
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 31 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 15 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 35 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 35 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 35 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
31 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
35 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
35 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos