Breast cancer patients may develop PTSD, study suggests
March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A new study reports that some breast cancer patients may develop Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
The study, which included 1,100 participants, was done by the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
Researchers discovered that 23-percent of newly diagnosed breast cancer patients experience some symptoms of PTSD, like anxiety and trouble sleeping.
According to the report, younger women, African-American and Asian women are most likely to develop the disorder.
breast cancer, healthcheck
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 9 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos