Breast cancer patients may develop PTSD, study suggests
March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A new study reports that some breast cancer patients may develop Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
The study, which included 1,100 participants, was done by the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
Researchers discovered that 23-percent of newly diagnosed breast cancer patients experience some symptoms of PTSD, like anxiety and trouble sleeping.
According to the report, younger women, African-American and Asian women are most likely to develop the disorder.
breast cancer, healthcheck
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler 10 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Woman critically injured in Radnor Township house fire
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Cloudy And Cooler
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos