Breast cancer patients may develop PTSD, study suggests
March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A new study reports that some breast cancer patients may develop Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
The study, which included 1,100 participants, was done by the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
Researchers discovered that 23-percent of newly diagnosed breast cancer patients experience some symptoms of PTSD, like anxiety and trouble sleeping.
According to the report, younger women, African-American and Asian women are most likely to develop the disorder.
breast cancer, healthcheck
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 33 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 31 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 59 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 16 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 40 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!