Jump into fitness with trampoline workout
OAKS, Pa. - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A new workout has come to the Philadelphia area that will have you feeling like a kid again.
It's called SkyRobics, and it is set on a huge court of trampolines inside the SkyZone in Oaks, Montgomery County.
Instructors will have you bouncing different patterns, then doing "Sky-Laps" to get your heart rate up.
It's for all fitness levels and especially good for people with joint issues.
"You don't realize you're running because it is that low impact. So, while running, you are breathing heavy and working out hard," said SkyRobics instructor Laura Fried.
"You don't have to be an athlete or super-coordinated to have a great workout."
And if you fall, everything is padded to help prevent injury.
The hour-long class also has sculpting exercises and you are continually working your core... Not to mention your smile!
And after working hard at SkyZone, you can fall back and relax in their foam pit.
The SkyRobics classes officially start next week and they cost about $14 dollars - even less if you buy a package.
For more information, visit the SkyZone website and click on "fitness."
pennsylvania, montgomery county, exercise, healthcheck, ali gorman, r.n.
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 30 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 45 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ