Study shows rise in ADHD in children
April 2, 2103 (WPVI) -- A new study shows a stunning increase in the number of children with ADHD.
According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 6.4 million kids have been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
The increase of children with ADHD has risen to 53% over the past decade.
Officials say, they fear ADHD medication may be overly prescribed.
Doctors say, parents should get an in-depth evaluation and consider a second opinion from a specialist before accepting the diagnosis.
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 37 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 18 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
10 min ago