Study shows rise in ADHD in children
April 2, 2103 (WPVI) -- A new study shows a stunning increase in the number of children with ADHD.
According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 6.4 million kids have been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
The increase of children with ADHD has risen to 53% over the past decade.
Officials say, they fear ADHD medication may be overly prescribed.
Doctors say, parents should get an in-depth evaluation and consider a second opinion from a specialist before accepting the diagnosis.
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 14 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad