Yoga may relieve stress during Tax season
April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- The deadline to file your taxes is next Monday and many people find this a daunting task.
Some experts say that simple yoga moves can help relieve some of the stress.
It may seem silly, but they say it is effective and good for your overall health as well.
You can follow some easy steps to help relief the tax stress.
Judi Bar, a registered yoga teacher says, "...you take a big breath in and go like this 'blah' and nobody is going to bother you as you're doing this and it's based on what's called the Lion's Pose. It tightens everything up, it shows you what it feels like to be tight, and then as you let go, it lets off steam."
You can also do some shoulder rolls, back and forth to open your chest and help you breathe deeper.
tax day, taxes, exercise, healthcheck
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 4 min ago
- Windy and cold today 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 8 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 36 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region 51 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 4 min ago
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad 46 min ago
- Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
46 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
51 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
36 min ago