Yoga may relieve stress during Tax season
April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- The deadline to file your taxes is next Monday and many people find this a daunting task.
Some experts say that simple yoga moves can help relieve some of the stress.
It may seem silly, but they say it is effective and good for your overall health as well.
You can follow some easy steps to help relief the tax stress.
Judi Bar, a registered yoga teacher says, "...you take a big breath in and go like this 'blah' and nobody is going to bother you as you're doing this and it's based on what's called the Lion's Pose. It tightens everything up, it shows you what it feels like to be tight, and then as you let go, it lets off steam."
You can also do some shoulder rolls, back and forth to open your chest and help you breathe deeper.
tax day, taxes, exercise, healthcheck
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands