Army wife loses 100 lb. during husband's deployment
LELAND, N.C.; May 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- When military vets return home, they expect to see some changes in their families.
But nothing like what Army Specialist Larry Shaffer got!
When he arrived back to north carolina from a year in Afghanistan, Shaffer was greeted by a wife who was 100 pounds lighter than when he left!
Misty Shaffer went from 254 to 150 pounds, but her husband never knew, because she only sent pictures from the shoulders up.
Shaffer says, "I was in shock when I saw her...no way that's my wife I left a year ago!"
Misty adds, "I was like I'm going to keep this a surprise from him cause he never has seen me like this."
Misty says she did it with healthy eating, controlling portions, and exercise. She dropped 15 pounds the first month.
She says she looks so different now, their 3-year-old daughter doesn't recognize her old pictures.
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 39 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos