Army wife loses 100 lb. during husband's deployment
LELAND, N.C.; May 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- When military vets return home, they expect to see some changes in their families.
But nothing like what Army Specialist Larry Shaffer got!
When he arrived back to north carolina from a year in Afghanistan, Shaffer was greeted by a wife who was 100 pounds lighter than when he left!
Misty Shaffer went from 254 to 150 pounds, but her husband never knew, because she only sent pictures from the shoulders up.
Shaffer says, "I was in shock when I saw her...no way that's my wife I left a year ago!"
Misty adds, "I was like I'm going to keep this a surprise from him cause he never has seen me like this."
Misty says she did it with healthy eating, controlling portions, and exercise. She dropped 15 pounds the first month.
She says she looks so different now, their 3-year-old daughter doesn't recognize her old pictures.
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed