Staying safe in the heat
May 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- We do these reminders every year. It's because we know raising awareness helps save lives. In fact, last year we saw fewer heat-related deaths, despite the fact that it was a hot summer.
So these are the reminders as we move forward:
-Wear cool, light-colored clothing
-Drink plenty of fluids - water is fine
-You want to limit drinking anything with a lot of caffeine, alcohol or a lot of sugar
-If you are outside, try to take breaks in the shade
-If you are using fans, open the front and back windows. This will get the air circulating and cool down the room. But you have to have the windows open.
Also, along with the heat, it is also an ozone action day. So, if you have breathing problems or heart problems, you should limit your activity out in the heat.
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 10 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 20 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
28 min ago