Study shows few people properly wash hands
June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A disturbing study shows only a handful of people properly wash their hands.
Researchers staked out public restrooms and found that only 5 percent of people washed their hands long enough to kill infection-causing germs and bacteria.
Health experts say, people should wash their hands for 15 to 20 seconds.
They say the average person spends about 6 seconds washing their hands
According to the study, men did worse than women.
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 5 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 29 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 41 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 37 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos