Taco Bell to test 'Power Protein' menu
NEW YORK (AP) - June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Taco Bell plans to test a "Power Protein" menu as part of its push to provide choices for people looking to eat healthy.
The chain says it will start testing the menu July 25 in Dayton, Ohio. The burritos and bowls will have more than 20 grams of protein and less than 450 calories.
The test comes after the company announced in April that it would work to provide more balanced options. Fast-food chains across the industry are rolling out healthier options to keep up with changing tastes, even as they also roll out fatty treats to drum up sales.
Taco Bell says the Power Protein burritos and bowls includes double portion of meat and toppings such as corn and guacamole.
Taco Bell is owned by Yum Brands Inc.
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book