Bucks breast cancer group shakes it for dance contest
LANGHORNE, PA.; Oct. 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- They are breast cancer survivors and the friends of those who didn't survive. Now, after dealing with so much together, the Bucks County Breast Friends need a little help from the community to achieve their next goal.
They've slipped on the pink gloves to take part in the 2013 Pink Glove Dance video contest, sponsored by Medline, a medical supplies company.
The video and contest started in 2009, when over 200 staffers at a Portland, Oregon, hospital wore Medline's pink gloves for a video to increase breast cancer awareness.
That video went viral on YouTube, inspiring dozens of others around the country to make their own.
This year, the Survivors of Bucks County Breast Friends submitted a video, and want votes to stay in the running for Medline's $25,000 top prize.
To see the video, click on this link. Voting continues till November 8th.
Prizes are awarded as donations to breast cancer charities. If they win, Bucks County Breast Friends plans to donate theirs to Gilda's Club Delaware Valley.
The video was the dream of Anne Clark and other members of Breast Friends. Volunteers spent many weekends developing and practicing the dance routines, to get everyone in sync. DarkSlide Media filmed the video. In addition to the survivors and friends in the video, the 4 surgeons of the Comprehensive Breast Care center also make a cameo appearance.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 28 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
28 min ago