Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
December 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Contrary to popular belief, researchers now say someone cannot be fat and fit.
Experts used to think if you were overweight, but still had normal blood pressure and cholesterol levels and no diabetes, that you were just as healthy as someone who is healthy weight.
But scientists now say, "not so fast.' After looking at eight studies, including more than 60,000 patients, they found extra weight does put you at a greater risk for heart disease and early death.
This is probably not the news you want to hear around the holidays, but it is a good reminder about the importance of maintaining a healthy weight.
If you don't know your body mass index, you can find out by using this calculator.
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1