Merck voluntary recalls HPV vaccine
December 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Merck is recalling some vials of its HPV vaccines after learning glass may have ended up in the containers.
The CDC says the glass got into one lot of Gardasil vials during the manufacturing process.
The lot in question was sent out between August and October.
The CDC says patients may have mild symptoms, such as swelling at the injection site, but the vaccine itself isn't impacted.
Merck is contacting the clinics that received the recalled lot so those vaccines can be returned.
lifestyle, merck, recall, healthcheck
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 31 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 38 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
31 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
38 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
22 min ago