Lifestyle & Fun
Skip the party, give a bonus?
NEW YORK -- Holiday office parties can be fun, but most employees would really rather have some cash.
That's according to an annual survey on the career site GlassDoor.com.
The group polled thousands of Americans with full-time job, and found 73 percent would rather ditch the holiday party and get a bonus instead.
Five percent want to socialize with colleagues.
Preferences aside, you'd better get your best party outfit ready anyway: More than 80 percent of companies are planning a holiday party this year. That's according to a separate survey by an international outplacement and consulting firm.
That number is up from 68 percent of companies holding holiday parties last year.
lifestyle & fun
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos