Lifestyle & Fun
Skip the party, give a bonus?
NEW YORK -- Holiday office parties can be fun, but most employees would really rather have some cash.
That's according to an annual survey on the career site GlassDoor.com.
The group polled thousands of Americans with full-time job, and found 73 percent would rather ditch the holiday party and get a bonus instead.
Five percent want to socialize with colleagues.
Preferences aside, you'd better get your best party outfit ready anyway: More than 80 percent of companies are planning a holiday party this year. That's according to a separate survey by an international outplacement and consulting firm.
That number is up from 68 percent of companies holding holiday parties last year.
lifestyle & fun
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ