Missing DA's Hard Drive Found
BELLEFONTE, PA-October 26, 2005 -- Police believe they have found the hard drive from the laptop of missing Centre County prosecutor Ray Gricar.
Bellefonte Police Office Darrel Zaccagni said today that the hard drive is being shipped to an FBI facility in California to be tested for possible clues.
The hard drive was found about two weeks ago in the Susquehanna River in Lewisburg, about 100 yards from where Gricar's laptop was found in late July.
Police say they didn't release information about the hard drive earlier in part because it might hold important clues into what happened to Gricar, who has been missing since April.
Zaccagni says a woman and her son skipping stones in the river saw the hard drive in a part of the river that was 10 to 15 feet from the water's edge, but the water around the drive had receded.
(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 20 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 19 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
8 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
1 min ago