Pa. Woman Mauled by Pet Wolf Dogs
GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) - July 18, 2006 -- A Westmoreland County woman has been killed by her pet hybrid wolves that she kept in a pen in her backyard.
The county coroner says 50-year-old Sandra Piovesan of Salem Township was alive when she was attacked and she bled to death.
The death was ruled an accident.
Piovesan was found mauled yesterday morning inside the pen. The canines were part-wolf and part-dog.
State police and county humane agents euthanized all nine animals after consulting with Piovesan's family.
Officials say most of the animals weighed 70 to one hundred pounds and some were 7 to 8 years old. None of the animals was neutered or spayed.
Humane agents say they had warned Piovesan about the animals.
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 7 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 7 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 7 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
47 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
7 min ago