Pa. Woman Mauled by Pet Wolf Dogs
GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) - July 18, 2006 -- A Westmoreland County woman has been killed by her pet hybrid wolves that she kept in a pen in her backyard.
The county coroner says 50-year-old Sandra Piovesan of Salem Township was alive when she was attacked and she bled to death.
The death was ruled an accident.
Piovesan was found mauled yesterday morning inside the pen. The canines were part-wolf and part-dog.
State police and county humane agents euthanized all nine animals after consulting with Piovesan's family.
Officials say most of the animals weighed 70 to one hundred pounds and some were 7 to 8 years old. None of the animals was neutered or spayed.
Humane agents say they had warned Piovesan about the animals.
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 50 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge 55 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
- Fight erupts during Philly Christmas tree...
14 min ago