Pa. Woman Mauled by Pet Wolf Dogs
GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) - July 18, 2006 -- A Westmoreland County woman has been killed by her pet hybrid wolves that she kept in a pen in her backyard.
The county coroner says 50-year-old Sandra Piovesan of Salem Township was alive when she was attacked and she bled to death.
The death was ruled an accident.
Piovesan was found mauled yesterday morning inside the pen. The canines were part-wolf and part-dog.
State police and county humane agents euthanized all nine animals after consulting with Piovesan's family.
Officials say most of the animals weighed 70 to one hundred pounds and some were 7 to 8 years old. None of the animals was neutered or spayed.
Humane agents say they had warned Piovesan about the animals.
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- Edgemoor dumpster explosion leaves 1 critical 39 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Death toll lowered in Okla. twister; 24 dead
2 min ago