Pa. Woman Mauled by Pet Wolf Dogs
GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) - July 18, 2006 -- A Westmoreland County woman has been killed by her pet hybrid wolves that she kept in a pen in her backyard.
The county coroner says 50-year-old Sandra Piovesan of Salem Township was alive when she was attacked and she bled to death.
The death was ruled an accident.
Piovesan was found mauled yesterday morning inside the pen. The canines were part-wolf and part-dog.
State police and county humane agents euthanized all nine animals after consulting with Piovesan's family.
Officials say most of the animals weighed 70 to one hundred pounds and some were 7 to 8 years old. None of the animals was neutered or spayed.
Humane agents say they had warned Piovesan about the animals.
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list