Pa. Woman Mauled by Pet Wolf Dogs
GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) - July 18, 2006 -- A Westmoreland County woman has been killed by her pet hybrid wolves that she kept in a pen in her backyard.
The county coroner says 50-year-old Sandra Piovesan of Salem Township was alive when she was attacked and she bled to death.
The death was ruled an accident.
Piovesan was found mauled yesterday morning inside the pen. The canines were part-wolf and part-dog.
State police and county humane agents euthanized all nine animals after consulting with Piovesan's family.
Officials say most of the animals weighed 70 to one hundred pounds and some were 7 to 8 years old. None of the animals was neutered or spayed.
Humane agents say they had warned Piovesan about the animals.
- Driver sought in SW Phila hit-and-run 56 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder 6 min ago
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry 20 min ago
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody!
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police