Pa. Woman Mauled by Pet Wolf Dogs
GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) - July 18, 2006 -- A Westmoreland County woman has been killed by her pet hybrid wolves that she kept in a pen in her backyard.
The county coroner says 50-year-old Sandra Piovesan of Salem Township was alive when she was attacked and she bled to death.
The death was ruled an accident.
Piovesan was found mauled yesterday morning inside the pen. The canines were part-wolf and part-dog.
State police and county humane agents euthanized all nine animals after consulting with Piovesan's family.
Officials say most of the animals weighed 70 to one hundred pounds and some were 7 to 8 years old. None of the animals was neutered or spayed.
Humane agents say they had warned Piovesan about the animals.
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 14 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 23 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea 54 min ago
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled 59 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 13 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
12 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
14 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
23 min ago