Motorcycle Gang Busted in Alleged Meth Ring
BENSALEM, Pa. - July 21, 2006 (WPVI) -- 33-year-old John Napoli of Levittown was hauled into court on Friday. The Pennsylvania president of the motorcycle gang known as The Breed is in a world of trouble.
He was arrested along with more than a dozen of his fellow bikers from Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomery Counties and New Jersey.
Pennsylvania Attorney General Tom Corbett and Bucks County prosecutors say they distributed more than 120 pounds of crystal methamphetamine worth well over 11 million dollars from the time the probe began in the spring of 2005.
"The grand jury found The Breed has been terrorizing lower Bucks County," said Corbett. The investigation began with an undercover purchase last year and eventually was placed before a statewide grand jury, which recommended criminal charges.
The evidence displayed at Friday's news conference featured dozens of high-powered guns and drugs seized from various locations over the past year. The government says phone intercepts show Napoli's utter disdain for police. For example, Napoli complained about Officer Gary Skerski's funeral, which caused a big traffic jam as he waited for one of his lieutenants to make a drug pickup in Philadelphia.
The Breed did appear to live large. Their clubhouse is in Bristol, where some neighbors described their presence as benign. That clubhouse is empty now, their leadership behind bars. Other associates are on the run, looking over their shoulders as the attorney general promises that more arrests are coming.
Security at The Breed arraignments was extraordinary with rooftop snipers and police carrying assault rifles.
Napoli faces charges of drug distribution, conspiracy and other counts. Fourteen others face similar charges.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 13 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 26 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 29 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 17 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 19 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
3 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
43 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
19 min ago