Motorcycle Gang Busted in Alleged Meth Ring
BENSALEM, Pa. - July 21, 2006 (WPVI) -- 33-year-old John Napoli of Levittown was hauled into court on Friday. The Pennsylvania president of the motorcycle gang known as The Breed is in a world of trouble.
He was arrested along with more than a dozen of his fellow bikers from Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomery Counties and New Jersey.
Pennsylvania Attorney General Tom Corbett and Bucks County prosecutors say they distributed more than 120 pounds of crystal methamphetamine worth well over 11 million dollars from the time the probe began in the spring of 2005.
"The grand jury found The Breed has been terrorizing lower Bucks County," said Corbett. The investigation began with an undercover purchase last year and eventually was placed before a statewide grand jury, which recommended criminal charges.
The evidence displayed at Friday's news conference featured dozens of high-powered guns and drugs seized from various locations over the past year. The government says phone intercepts show Napoli's utter disdain for police. For example, Napoli complained about Officer Gary Skerski's funeral, which caused a big traffic jam as he waited for one of his lieutenants to make a drug pickup in Philadelphia.
The Breed did appear to live large. Their clubhouse is in Bristol, where some neighbors described their presence as benign. That clubhouse is empty now, their leadership behind bars. Other associates are on the run, looking over their shoulders as the attorney general promises that more arrests are coming.
Security at The Breed arraignments was extraordinary with rooftop snipers and police carrying assault rifles.
Napoli faces charges of drug distribution, conspiracy and other counts. Fourteen others face similar charges.
- Hit and Run driver leaves victim on Roxborough street 16 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 46 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
56 min ago