Ducks Attacked in Bucks Co.
OXFORD VALLEY PARK, Pa. - August 22, 2006 (WPVI) -- In Bucks County, people are wondering why someone would try to harm a small and defenseless resident.
It is a story about one little duck, which someone deliberately injured, and efforts by others to help her.
The place is Lake Caroline in Oxford Valley Park, where boys fish and ducks paddle. The injury is startling.
Someone, apparently using a blowgun, drove a steel needle, like an oversized hatpin with a yellow tail through the ducks neck.
Diane Ostrowsky is fed up with whoever is responsible. She showed us pictures of two ducks that had been hit with blowdarts. She and her fiance were able to successfully remove the dart from one bird's wing.
"If it's a prank by children with nothing to do, it's really sad," said Ostrowsky. "It's animal cruelty."
Word of the remaining injured bird brought out Barbara and Joe Herman, who wanted to catch the bird.
"I came out here with my wife to try to find this one to take it up to (a local animal rescue center," said Joe Herman.
Armed with a net, would-be rescuer Joe tried to lure and then lunge, but the little mallard proved as elusive as his attackers.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 28 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 20 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 47 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
57 min ago