Reports: Officer Shot in Face
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 17, 2006 (WPVI) -- The Action News team is on a breaking story in South Philadelphia. A police officer suffered a graze wound to the face in a shootout following a bank holdup.
Emergency responders are on the scene near 3rd and Reed.
Early reports indicate an officer suffered a graze wound to the face. The incident apparently started as a bank robbery at 3rd and Packer and a chase.
Another officer suffered an ankle injury.
Police also report 2 civilians were shot in this incident. One of them is a woman. It is unclear if they were bystanders or are suspect in the case.
Action News will have the latest on this breaking story coming up during Action News at Noon.
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing 8 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list 27 min ago
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos