Questions Remain in Disappearance of NJ Couple
February 17, 2007 (WPVI) -- It's been two years since a New Jersey couple disappeared without a trace. Richard Petrone, Jr. and Danielle Imbo left a South Street bar and were never seen again.
Marge is good to Viking Pastries customers. But running the family business has been very painful since her son and business partner Richard Petrone, Jr. vanished 2 years ago.
"The not knowing part of what happened to him is a nightmare. How could somebody be here working happy healthy, looking forward to a night out then you never see them again," said Marge.
35-year-old Petrone and his girlfriend Danielle Imbo disappeared after leaving Abeline's restaurant on South Street, on February 19th 2005. They were in a 2001 black Dodge Dakota pickup truck that hasn't surfaced either. They are believed to be tragic victims of foul play.
"Is he thrown like trash somewhere for 2 years," Marge asked. "I mean in every religion you bury... You have a place to bury. You have a place to go. You have a place to grieve. We have nothing."
Hopes were raised last summer when police pulled a black truck out of the Delaware River... It wasn't theirs. Divers and cadaver dogs have scoured lakes and parks in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and beyond.
Relatives contend Danielle would not have left her young son and Richard would not have ever have abandoned the 14-year-old daughter he was raising in an apartment above the family business.
FBI and law enforcement have been pursuing the case. They've been on dozens of television programs. The families believe someone will call with the lead that can help crack the case.
The PA Crime Commission is offering $100-thousand for information leading to the couple, or those responsible for Petrone's and Imbo's disappearance.
Richard's mom hopes justice will make her days without her son in their family business a little easier to bear.
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore