Lottery Declares Foul During Daily Number Drawing
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - May 23, 2007 -- There's been another glitch in a Pennsylvania state lottery drawing.
Officials had to use video tape of the drawing of tonight's Daily Number to determine the third digit. That after the numbered ball drawn fell back into the mixing chamber.
The first two numbered balls in the combination - five and nine - were successfully drawn. But when the third ball was drawn, it fell back into the mixing chamber.
A foul was called and lottery officials reviewed the drawing tape. It was determined that the third numbered ball drawn was a seven.
The mishap marked the second lottery glitch this month.
On May Second, lottery officials determined that a ball broke during a televised MATCH Six drawing, prompting a second off-air drawing.
(Copyright 2007 by 6abc and Action News. All rights reserved.)
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 24 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 48 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos