Lottery Declares Foul During Daily Number Drawing
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - May 23, 2007 -- There's been another glitch in a Pennsylvania state lottery drawing.
Officials had to use video tape of the drawing of tonight's Daily Number to determine the third digit. That after the numbered ball drawn fell back into the mixing chamber.
The first two numbered balls in the combination - five and nine - were successfully drawn. But when the third ball was drawn, it fell back into the mixing chamber.
A foul was called and lottery officials reviewed the drawing tape. It was determined that the third numbered ball drawn was a seven.
The mishap marked the second lottery glitch this month.
On May Second, lottery officials determined that a ball broke during a televised MATCH Six drawing, prompting a second off-air drawing.
(Copyright 2007 by 6abc and Action News. All rights reserved.)
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ