82-Year-Old Killed Trying to Slow Motorcycle
MARIETTA, Pa. (AP) - June 6, 2007 -- Police say an 82-year-old Lancaster County man stepped into the road to try to slow down a motorcycle that neighbors said was speeding back and forth, but he was struck and killed by the bike.
Frank Parduski Senior was thrown several yards onto a grassy shoulder yesterday in front of his home in East Donegal Township. Police say he died at the scene about 5 p-m.
The motorcycle rider, 19-year-old Jason Barclay of East Donegal Township, was thrown off and injured. Police say he was taken to Lancaster General Hospital. His condition was unavailable.
Police have declined to comment on how fast the motorcycle was going, but they say the driver was "being disruptive."
Police and the Lancaster County District Attorney's office are investigating.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall 32 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Butkovitz an early winner as Pa. primary ballots are tallied 9 min ago
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say 36 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep 1 min ago
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens 4 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly...
39 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor...
12 min ago
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend,...
36 min ago