Human Head Found in Bucks Co. Lake
August 31, 2007 (WPVI) -- A couple fishermen happened upon a gruesome discovery in Bucks County -- a human head.
Two off-duty firefighters made the discovery shortly before 8:00 Friday night in Magnolia Lake, located off Bath and Lakeland Roads.
The head was contained in a plastic bag that the men found floating in the lake.
At this time it's not clear if the head was a male head or female.
Investigators are treating the case as a homicide.
It should also be noted that Chester police found a headless body last Sunday in the 200 block of West 7th Street.
The victim was identified through fingerprint analysis as 33-year-old Amire Johnson of Philadelphia.
Chester Police are conferring with Bucks County investigators to determine if the head belongs to Johnson.
(Copyright 2007 by Action News and 6abc. All Rights Reserved.)
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 41 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville 43 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids 18 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder