Crash traps driver, firefighters
DEPTFORD TWP., N.J. - February 23, 2008 (WPVI) -- Firefighters trying to rescue a trapped driver ended up in need of rescue themselves.
The firefighters were called to a one-car crash on Almonesson Road in Deptford Township, around three o'clock Saturday morning.
The car had rolled over and was partially submerged in Timber Creek. Firefighters used ladders, flashlights and other equipment to try and get to the trapped driver.
While the firefighters were trying to free the driver, the car slid and trapped the legs of two of the firefighters. Fellow firefighters scrambled to free their legs and get them to treatment. Investigators say the firefighters suffered minor injuries.
The driver was pulled from the wreckage nearly two hours after the crash happened. The condition of the driver has not been released. Police continue to investigate the wreck.
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos