Star Wars comes to the Franklin Institute
CENTER CITY - February 4, 2008 (WPVI) -- If you're a Star Wars fan then "may the force be with you" at the Franklin Institute in Center City. A new exhibit at the museum is out of this world!
It's Star Wars fun and real science. Take a ride in Hans Solo's starship, "the Millenium Falcon." The simulator uses imagery from the Hubble space telescope to teach visitors about our galaxy. Right outside the starship: Darth Vadar, Yoda, Storm troopers, C3PO and R2D2. They're all there!
The Franklin Institute is hosting the first Star Wars exhibit to ever have the real props and costumes from all six Star Wars movies.
You can ride a hovercaft or teach a robot to walk and play along with a robot who is testing his vision and trying to comprehend what he sees.
Steve Snyder is the VP of Exhibit and Program design at the Franklin Institute. "One of our hopes is that a child coming here or one of us older Star Wars geeks will be inspired to learn from the technology and change the world themselves."
Tickets for the Star Wars exhibit will be dated and timed so you might want to get them in advance. The show opens to the public this Saturday and runs through May 4.
ON THE NET:
The Franklin Institute
local/state, karen rogers
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 1 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
1 min ago