Senior takes aim at NCAA title
Thursday, March 13, 2008
UNIVERSITY CITY, Pa. - March 13, 2008 (WPVI) -- It may be March Madness, but our area's best shot at an NCAA championship is not on the hardwood.No, its at the shooting range, where University of the Sciences senior Michelle Bauer will compete at the NCAA National Rifle Championships. Michelle is the first athlete from a Philadelphia school to ever qualify and she'll join 47 other shooters from around the country who will be gunning for the top prize. "I'm going down in the records as the first NCAA shooter here at USP; it's kind of a big deal and I'm really excited about it," Michelle said.
It's a sport that takes a keen eye and a steady hand. "You have to be really relaxed, stay nice and calm, and you got to know when to pull the trigger," Michelle said. Which of course, I don't, but she made it look so easy, so I figured, why not try? "Here goes nothing," I said before taking two shots and getting two hits! Though, I came near some targets, I was aiming for the higher one. And aiming high? That's exactly what Michelle's doing. Fortunately for her, she's right on target.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
local/state, jamie apody
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville
- Pa. primary will settle municipal, judicial, races 14 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Surveillance of man stealing tractor in Franklin Township 18 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder