Senior takes aim at NCAA title
Thursday, March 13, 2008
UNIVERSITY CITY, Pa. - March 13, 2008 (WPVI) -- It may be March Madness, but our area's best shot at an NCAA championship is not on the hardwood.No, its at the shooting range, where University of the Sciences senior Michelle Bauer will compete at the NCAA National Rifle Championships. Michelle is the first athlete from a Philadelphia school to ever qualify and she'll join 47 other shooters from around the country who will be gunning for the top prize. "I'm going down in the records as the first NCAA shooter here at USP; it's kind of a big deal and I'm really excited about it," Michelle said.
It's a sport that takes a keen eye and a steady hand. "You have to be really relaxed, stay nice and calm, and you got to know when to pull the trigger," Michelle said. Which of course, I don't, but she made it look so easy, so I figured, why not try? "Here goes nothing," I said before taking two shots and getting two hits! Though, I came near some targets, I was aiming for the higher one. And aiming high? That's exactly what Michelle's doing. Fortunately for her, she's right on target.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
local/state, jamie apody
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Record Warmth!
33 min ago