Drexel says Can-Du to cleaning up the park
Saturday, April 12, 2008
There was a big cleanup effort in Fairmount Park this Saturday.
Like busy ants at a park picnic, about 200 students and alumni from Drexel University were crawling all over the Parkside Evans section of Fairmount Park today.Their mission was ridding the area of fallen brush, dead leaves, and trash, as well as replacing overgrown invasive plants with dozens of trees more suitable to the area. The collective group is called Can-DU, the community alumni network at Drexel University. Today's effort celebrated Earth Day 2008 by spring cleaning Fairmount Park
While, the Fairmount Park Commission does a good job maintaining the vast city's parklands, events like this are a tremendous help, especially along the new pathway that's been built near Parkside Avenue. A ceremonial tree planning was held during the day Park workers pointed that a spring cleanup like this creates a better habitat for birds, animals, and the people who use and enjoy the beautiful park.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
local/state, cathy gandolfo
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 35 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 38 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball