Attempted abduction near Swarthmore campus
SWARTHMORE, Pa. - May 2, 2008 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an attempted abduction near Swarthmore College.
It began early this morning near the Swarthmore College campus when a student apparently fought off being forced into the suspect's vehicle. The assailant jumped into his car and took off from the scene, but not before witnesses were able to get a make on the vehicle.
Swarthmore Police issued a bulletin with the vehicle description, and a short time later a Marple Township officer spotted the car. The officer attempted to stop the car but a chase ensued, reaching speeds up to 75 miles per hour.
Springfield Township Police entered the pursuit as well, and about a mile later, after running several red lights, the vehicle finally came to a stop in front Cardinal O'Hara High School in Springfield.
The suspect was then taken into custody.
No word on charges.
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police