Black man charged with hate crimes
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - May 6, 2008 -- Delaware State Police say a Wilmington man has turned himself to face charges that he assaulted four white men at a hotel in February while using racial epithets.
Aaron Wright, who is black, turned himself after he was released from a Pennsylvania prison. He's charged with hate crimes, assault and stealing a car. Wright is being held at the Howard Young Correctional Facility.
Police say Wright attacked the men in the lobby at the Best Western Brandywine Valley Inn, using chairs, his fists and his feet. He left in a hotel van that was running outside. Police tracked the van - which had GPS - to Chester, Pennsylvania, where police arrested Wright.
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ