Black man charged with hate crimes
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - May 6, 2008 -- Delaware State Police say a Wilmington man has turned himself to face charges that he assaulted four white men at a hotel in February while using racial epithets.
Aaron Wright, who is black, turned himself after he was released from a Pennsylvania prison. He's charged with hate crimes, assault and stealing a car. Wright is being held at the Howard Young Correctional Facility.
Police say Wright attacked the men in the lobby at the Best Western Brandywine Valley Inn, using chairs, his fists and his feet. He left in a hotel van that was running outside. Police tracked the van - which had GPS - to Chester, Pennsylvania, where police arrested Wright.
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 50 min ago
- Splendid spring finale 35 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane 45 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody 40 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 38 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos 37 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies 27 min ago
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
50 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in...
40 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
45 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
38 min ago