Black man charged with hate crimes
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - May 6, 2008 -- Delaware State Police say a Wilmington man has turned himself to face charges that he assaulted four white men at a hotel in February while using racial epithets.
Aaron Wright, who is black, turned himself after he was released from a Pennsylvania prison. He's charged with hate crimes, assault and stealing a car. Wright is being held at the Howard Young Correctional Facility.
Police say Wright attacked the men in the lobby at the Best Western Brandywine Valley Inn, using chairs, his fists and his feet. He left in a hotel van that was running outside. Police tracked the van - which had GPS - to Chester, Pennsylvania, where police arrested Wright.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia