Black man charged with hate crimes
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - May 6, 2008 -- Delaware State Police say a Wilmington man has turned himself to face charges that he assaulted four white men at a hotel in February while using racial epithets.
Aaron Wright, who is black, turned himself after he was released from a Pennsylvania prison. He's charged with hate crimes, assault and stealing a car. Wright is being held at the Howard Young Correctional Facility.
Police say Wright attacked the men in the lobby at the Best Western Brandywine Valley Inn, using chairs, his fists and his feet. He left in a hotel van that was running outside. Police tracked the van - which had GPS - to Chester, Pennsylvania, where police arrested Wright.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ