Teen injured in Shore boating accident
CAPE MAY, N.J. - May 23, 2008 (WPVI) -- A 16-year old girl was injured when she was thrown from a boat that ran aground at the Jersey shore Friday night.
The U.S. Coast Guard says it received a call at 6:30 p.m. that a 32-foot boat named "Pain Killer" had run aground in Sunset Lake north of Cape May Harbor.
Officials say three people were aboard the boat. One of them, 16-year old Jessica Catarese, was ejected from the boat when it hit land and suffered head injuries.
She was transported by a rescue boat to a marina in Wildwood, and from there transferred to Cape Regional Medical Center in Cape May Court House.
There is no word on her condition or why the boat ran aground.
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 22 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
31 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on the storm...
51 min ago
- John Rawlins reports from Cherry Hill on...
44 min ago
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos