Teen injured in Shore boating accident
CAPE MAY, N.J. - May 23, 2008 (WPVI) -- A 16-year old girl was injured when she was thrown from a boat that ran aground at the Jersey shore Friday night.
The U.S. Coast Guard says it received a call at 6:30 p.m. that a 32-foot boat named "Pain Killer" had run aground in Sunset Lake north of Cape May Harbor.
Officials say three people were aboard the boat. One of them, 16-year old Jessica Catarese, was ejected from the boat when it hit land and suffered head injuries.
She was transported by a rescue boat to a marina in Wildwood, and from there transferred to Cape Regional Medical Center in Cape May Court House.
There is no word on her condition or why the boat ran aground.
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos