Child rescued from hot car
WASHINGTON TWP., N.J. - June 13, 2008 (WPVI) -- It happened this afternoon at the Crosskeys Commons Shopping Center along the Blackhorse Pike in Washington Township, Gloucester County.
Around 1 p.m, a 60 year old Glassboro man left his two year old granddaughter sleeping in the car while he went shopping.
Witnesses noticed the child and called police, who responded and opened the car.
The girl was taken to nearby Kennedy Hospital with an elevated temperature. She's okay, and was returned to her mother.
The grandfather was handcuffed and arrested when he returned to the car, charged with recklessly endangering the welfare of a child. He's been released on bail. If convicted, he could face up to a year in jail.
local/state, david henry
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases