12-15 saved from rip current in Seaside Heights
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. - July 18, 2008 (WPVI) -- Seaside Heights Beach Patrol had to rescue 12 to 15 bathers today.
It happened around 12:30 this afternoon after a rip current formed suddenly at Lincoln Avenue beach.
8 to 10 lifeguards rescued the bathers bringing them safely to shore. The beach remained open.
It's a good example how seemingly safe ocean conditions can quickly turn dangerous as rip currents appear and disappear without warning.
- Snow today, heavy at times 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 31 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Snow today, heavy at times
17 min ago