Drexel student opens for Coldplay - Philadelphia News
PHILADELPHIA - July 25, 2008 (WPVI) -- He wrote his own song, made his video, put it on YouTube, and then opened for Coldplay.
Drexel University Junior Jonah Delso is used to playing in front of 5,10, or even 15 people, but tonight he got to play in front of thousands at the Wachovia Center.Most musicians would dream of opening for Coldplay and that's exactly what it was when Jonah Delso took a chance and entered the "Open for Coldplay Contest." "That was the funnest thing I ever done in my entire life; I couldn't be happier right now," Jonah said.
After submitting a video for his song "Elevator," Delso's music was chosen as one of three contenders. After some deliberation, Chris Martin and the band chose him to play on the big show. "It just like playing to an ocean or a cornfield; the energy is there and it all comes in numbers, you just have to think of it like that," Jonah said. Before taking the stage at the Wachovia, Delso and the band practiced in Downingtown. You'd think he was nervous, but that really wasn't the case. It was a 5 song set and Delso got a standing ovation from the dozen or so relatives who were in the crowd. The Rancocas Valley High School graduate has come a long way musically and he hopes to take it further. He says Chris Martin gave him a bit of encouragement. "He was really excited to watch us and he really like our stuff; that was awesome hearing him say all that," Jonah said. Jonah says the honor of playing at the Wachovia Center and the experience in itself has put his dreams into reality.
local/state, chad pradelli
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ