Fatal escalator accident in Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY - August 9, 2008 (WPVI) -- A 25-year- old New Jersey man died Saturday due to injuries sustained from falling from an escalator at The Pier at Caesars Atlantic City.
The accident occurred around 12:30 p.m.
Witnesses indicated to Atlantic City police that while Fank Gilbert, Jr. of Pomona rode down the third floor escalator, he sat on the moving handrail and then fell backwards off the escalator. It is estimated Gilbert fell 40 feet.
Gilbert was taken to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center where he passed. His family was by his side.
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 8 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 37 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
9 min ago