Fatal escalator accident in Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY - August 9, 2008 (WPVI) -- A 25-year- old New Jersey man died Saturday due to injuries sustained from falling from an escalator at The Pier at Caesars Atlantic City.
The accident occurred around 12:30 p.m.
Witnesses indicated to Atlantic City police that while Fank Gilbert, Jr. of Pomona rode down the third floor escalator, he sat on the moving handrail and then fell backwards off the escalator. It is estimated Gilbert fell 40 feet.
Gilbert was taken to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center where he passed. His family was by his side.
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 7 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 7 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 11 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 36 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad