11 year old among those arrested in gun heist
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - August 19, 2008 - (WPVI) -- Police in Collingdale, Delaware County say 15 weapons were stolen from a gun store late Monday night. The alleged thieves include an 11 year old boy.
The other suspects include 18 year old Khalik Keyser of Chester, and 19 year old Leroy Taylor of Philadelphia. Also arrested were a 15 year old and a 16 year old.
A witness spotted the theft in progress and called 911.
Police arrived in seconds and arrested two suspects outside a pizza parlor two blocks away. Two more were arrested at a SEPTA bus stop up the block. The 11 year old made it onto a SEPTA bus, but it got stuck in traffic because of the massive police response. He too was taken into custody much to his mother's surprise.
"She thought her son was at home in bed," said Chief Robert Adams of the Collingdale Police. "She went to go check, got back on the phone, realized he was not in bed."
Investigators are looking for links between this gun heist and other violent crimes in the county, specifically in Chester.
Khalik Keyser was wanted in connection with a burglary in Philadelphia last month.
local/state, sarah bloomquist
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 54 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 44 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
54 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
44 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos