11 year old among those arrested in gun heist
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - August 19, 2008 - (WPVI) -- Police in Collingdale, Delaware County say 15 weapons were stolen from a gun store late Monday night. The alleged thieves include an 11 year old boy.
The other suspects include 18 year old Khalik Keyser of Chester, and 19 year old Leroy Taylor of Philadelphia. Also arrested were a 15 year old and a 16 year old.
A witness spotted the theft in progress and called 911.
Police arrived in seconds and arrested two suspects outside a pizza parlor two blocks away. Two more were arrested at a SEPTA bus stop up the block. The 11 year old made it onto a SEPTA bus, but it got stuck in traffic because of the massive police response. He too was taken into custody much to his mother's surprise.
"She thought her son was at home in bed," said Chief Robert Adams of the Collingdale Police. "She went to go check, got back on the phone, realized he was not in bed."
Investigators are looking for links between this gun heist and other violent crimes in the county, specifically in Chester.
Khalik Keyser was wanted in connection with a burglary in Philadelphia last month.
local/state, sarah bloomquist
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos