A Pez filled birthday wish granted
AMBLER, Pa. - December 3, 2008 (WPVI) -- The birthday wishes of a child, living with a life-threatening condition, were answered tonight in Ambler, Pennsylvania.
The Gwynedd-Mercy College men's soccer team adopted 9-year-old Luke Ronco back in August.
Luke has been battling a brain tumor for the past six years.
A few weeks ago, doctors discovered his tumor was growing again.
To lift his spirits, the team decided to throw him a party, complete with Luke's favorite collectable - Pez.
Word got around about Luke's hobby and folks from around the region sent hundreds of Pez dispensers, candy, and other goodies.
Luke turns 10 next week.
He says this is the best birthday he's ever had.
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast 14 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 50 min ago
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Body found in Logan tire fire 17 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI 49 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction 39 min ago
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
3 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
50 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
49 min ago
- Body found in Logan tire fire
17 min ago