A Pez filled birthday wish granted
AMBLER, Pa. - December 3, 2008 (WPVI) -- The birthday wishes of a child, living with a life-threatening condition, were answered tonight in Ambler, Pennsylvania.
The Gwynedd-Mercy College men's soccer team adopted 9-year-old Luke Ronco back in August.
Luke has been battling a brain tumor for the past six years.
A few weeks ago, doctors discovered his tumor was growing again.
To lift his spirits, the team decided to throw him a party, complete with Luke's favorite collectable - Pez.
Word got around about Luke's hobby and folks from around the region sent hundreds of Pez dispensers, candy, and other goodies.
Luke turns 10 next week.
He says this is the best birthday he's ever had.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 29 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 54 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
29 min ago