A Pez filled birthday wish granted
AMBLER, Pa. - December 3, 2008 (WPVI) -- The birthday wishes of a child, living with a life-threatening condition, were answered tonight in Ambler, Pennsylvania.
The Gwynedd-Mercy College men's soccer team adopted 9-year-old Luke Ronco back in August.
Luke has been battling a brain tumor for the past six years.
A few weeks ago, doctors discovered his tumor was growing again.
To lift his spirits, the team decided to throw him a party, complete with Luke's favorite collectable - Pez.
Word got around about Luke's hobby and folks from around the region sent hundreds of Pez dispensers, candy, and other goodies.
Luke turns 10 next week.
He says this is the best birthday he's ever had.
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 40 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 59 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 52 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Building under demolition collapses in Old...
40 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
38 min ago