The "Time for Obama" watch
VALLEY FORGE, Pa. - January 2, 2009 - (WPVI) -- 98-year old Mickey Orloff of Valley Forge has a useful way to mark Barack Obama's historic election: His special edition Obama watch.
Rather than numbers, the $29.95 watch simply marks time with letters that spell out "Time for Obama."
On the back, an inscription notes the occasion, the inaugural date, and an individual number.
Orloff spent decades as a jewelry designer. After he retired in the 1970s, he started designing specialty watches, like a "Time for Jesus" watch for a local church and a watch marking the 9/11 attacks.
Orloff quickly decided Obama was worth a watch.
Orloff says his goal is to make it to 100, and he says it's work, not rest that keeps him going.
So expect more watch designs.
For more information about the Obama watches, call 610-883-7381 Or send an email to: email@example.com
local/state, tamala edwards
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash