The "Time for Obama" watch
VALLEY FORGE, Pa. - January 2, 2009 - (WPVI) -- 98-year old Mickey Orloff of Valley Forge has a useful way to mark Barack Obama's historic election: His special edition Obama watch.
Rather than numbers, the $29.95 watch simply marks time with letters that spell out "Time for Obama."
On the back, an inscription notes the occasion, the inaugural date, and an individual number.
Orloff spent decades as a jewelry designer. After he retired in the 1970s, he started designing specialty watches, like a "Time for Jesus" watch for a local church and a watch marking the 9/11 attacks.
Orloff quickly decided Obama was worth a watch.
Orloff says his goal is to make it to 100, and he says it's work, not rest that keeps him going.
So expect more watch designs.
For more information about the Obama watches, call 610-883-7381 Or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
local/state, tamala edwards
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 14 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 27 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 42 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
40 min ago