Jamie Foxx puts on a show at City Hall
CENTER CITY - January 23, 2009 (WPVI) -- Jaime Foxx is in Philly to party, but also to work on a new movie.
"I have to thank the city of Philadelphia; you have opened your arms to us and it's been great," Jamie Foxx said.
Those weren't the only accolades the actors of the movie "Law Abiding Citizen" had for the city of Brotherly Love, as his fellow actor Gerard Butler said Philadelphia is his new favorite city.
This afternoon, the Mayor's Reception Room was transformed into a red carpet event of sorts, as he presented the stars of the movie Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler and Director F. Gary Gray with the Liberty Bell, an official welcome gift from the city of Philadelphia. Although the movie is a thriller, the event took on more of a comedic feel.
The movie will be in production for 50 days in the Philadelphia area and is expected to bring in $50-million in economic activity in the region.
While Foxx's stint in Philadelphia is helping to promote the city, it appeared Foxx was hoping to use the city to promote himself and his new chart-topping CD.
The movie is set to be released in 2010.
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
local/state, erin o'hearn
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 1 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 5 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 28 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
5 min ago