Jamie Foxx puts on a show at City Hall
CENTER CITY - January 23, 2009 (WPVI) -- Jaime Foxx is in Philly to party, but also to work on a new movie.
"I have to thank the city of Philadelphia; you have opened your arms to us and it's been great," Jamie Foxx said.
Those weren't the only accolades the actors of the movie "Law Abiding Citizen" had for the city of Brotherly Love, as his fellow actor Gerard Butler said Philadelphia is his new favorite city.
This afternoon, the Mayor's Reception Room was transformed into a red carpet event of sorts, as he presented the stars of the movie Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler and Director F. Gary Gray with the Liberty Bell, an official welcome gift from the city of Philadelphia. Although the movie is a thriller, the event took on more of a comedic feel.
The movie will be in production for 50 days in the Philadelphia area and is expected to bring in $50-million in economic activity in the region.
While Foxx's stint in Philadelphia is helping to promote the city, it appeared Foxx was hoping to use the city to promote himself and his new chart-topping CD.
The movie is set to be released in 2010.
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
local/state, erin o'hearn
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 1 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp. 41 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 5 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
36 min ago